The University of Michigan Club of Seattle is looking for a passionate Michigan Alumnus to fill the position of Secretary for the upcoming 2020-2021 Operating Year. Our secretary’s roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in monthly Board meetings
- Documents monthly meetings including key decisions and votes
- Assigns action items following meetings
- Shares board meeting minutes with the Board and Friends of the Board, and posts minutes within the event on the Club calendar
- Reserves meeting space for the monthly board meeting
Overall expected monthly commitment: 2-5 hours
- Attending events throughout the year
- Participate in the Annual Meeting
- Participate in the Annual Board Meeting
Our volunteer Board Members come from all different backgrounds but all share one thing in common - an unwavering passion for the University of Michigan! We welcome those who are interested in getting more involved with the Seattle Club to reach out to our current President, Michael Roberto to learn more about the role.
A big shout-out to Debbie Johnson, who served as our Secretary from 2019-2020. She has been a great asset to the Board and will continue to participate as a Board Member.
Debbie completed her B.A. in Japanese Studies in 2010 and her M.S. in Information Science in 2012. After returning to her hometown of Washington D.C. after graduating, she moved to Seattle in 2015 and joined the University of Michigan Seattle Club as a board member in 2019. While at Michigan, Debbie was a foilist on the Michigan Club Fencing Team and was involved in Michigan Greek Life. Her favorite Michigan memories include football Saturdays, competing with the fencing team, and eating her way through the menu at Amer’s. Since moving to Seattle, Debbie has enjoyed getting outdoors, trying delicious restaurants, and exploring the city’s coffee shops. During the week, she is a consultant at Point B.